Accompanist Procedures for non-Music School events
Below are the procedures for hiring an accompanist for non Music School related events (outside recitals, competitions, auditions, recordings, etc).
1) You will have to pay the accompanist directly as outside events are not included in music school tuition.  Accompanists set their own rates so please inquire with them directly.  Some may choose to do a “package rate” while others may decide to charge by the hour.  A package rate might be more applicable when offsite travel is required.
2) You will need to provide the accompanist with his/her part/sheet music.  Please do this in advance of the first rehearsal.
3) You will need schedule all rehearsals/events directly with the accompanist.
4) If you need to use the recital hall for recording, the accompanist will need to coordinate this directly with Cheri Astolfi.  Cheri will no longer be fielding communications directly from parents.
5) Music School accompanists are allowed to sign out and use the school’s Zoom camera for recording HOWEVER this must be coordinated in advance with the administration through the accompanist so plan ahead.  I have videos on my youtube channel about how to use the camera (or my Zoom camera should you borrow mine).
6) The following accompanists have let me know that they are interested in playing for outside events (replace “at” with @ and remove spaces in email address. Addresses were disguised to deter spam.)
Jennifer Campbell
jncpiano at hotmail.com
Lotus Cheng
lotuschengbrown at aol.com
Sarahjane Gober
sarahjane.gober at yahoo.com
Please be in touch with Ms. Shelley if you have questions.